ALL our batteries are MAINTENANCE FREE, however, the following tips will help to ensure a good service life from your battery.
FIVE VERY IMPORTANT CAR BATTERY TIPS
- Check that your battery terminals are tight and secure on the battery post.
- If there is corrosion on the battery posts, clean with a solution of bicarbonate of soda and warm water in a ratio of 2- 3 teaspoons of soda per cup of water.
- Check that the battery hold-down clamp is tight and secure.
- Always maintain your battery voltage above 12,5 volts. It is advisable to charge your battery with an external INTELLIGENT BATTERY CHARGER (such as Ctek) from time to time. The battery charger should have a “float “mode in which case it may be left permanently connected to the battery. (especially for vehicles, that are not used often).
- Check the charging voltage on your vehicle with a multimeter. The correct charging voltage for a vehicle is 13.8 – 14.3 volts. ANYTHING outside this voltage range is abnormal and MUST be checked.